The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences is very pleased to introduce a wonderful program to help researcher advance their own research. The JSPS International Fellowships for Research in Japan are offered for the academic year 2023-2024. Advertisement
The fellowship program is open exclusively to Swedish national students undertaking a postdoctoral study in a Japanese university or college affiliated with MEXT. Candidates can undertake research in fields of the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences to be eligible. The applicants must have a relevant PhD degree to be considered. The fellowship winners will be awarded roundtrip airfare, up to ¥362,000 per month as maintenance allowance, and ¥200,000 for settling in.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
This scholarship will help you pursue a postdoctoral degree by providing a maintenance allowance and more.
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences is one of the royal academies of Sweden. Founded in June 1739, the academy is an independent, non-governmental scientific organization with an objective to promote the sciences and strengthen their influence in society.
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has many goals, some of which are to provide support to younger researchers, stimulate interest in mathematics and science in school, and offer a unique environment for research offer a unique environment for research. The academy also provides a forum where researchers meet across subject boundaries and are rewarded for outstanding research efforts.
Application Deadline: Last day to submit applications is 8th January 2023.
- University or Organization: Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Maintenance allowance and more
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Swedish
- The award can be taken in Japan.
- Eligible Countries: Swedish national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral programs offered in the fields of the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences at any MEXT university or college can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be a citizen or permanent residents of Sweden.
- The applicants must be affiliated with Universities and inter-university research institutes, MEXT-affiliated institutions engaged in research, Colleges of technology, or Institutions designated by the Minister of MEXT.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must first apply for admission via the application portal of their respective universities. Applicants interested to apply for this opportunity must send the supporting documents and application form via mail to [email protected] with the subject line “Application for FY2023 (Short-term)”.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of acceptance
- Letter of Recommendation
- A copy of the candidate‡s PhD degree diploma
- A copy of the candidate‡s passport
- A copy of the candidate‡s Swedish permanent residence card (PUK) if s/he is not an EU/ EEA citizen
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a doctorate degree received within the past six years or be currently enrolled in a doctoral course at a university outside Japan. They are scheduled to receive a PhD within two years from the time their research starts in Japan.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the university or college they wish to join. Typically, proficiency and fluency in English and Japanese.
The successful postdoctoral students will be awarded the following benefits:
- Airfare: A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS‡s regulations)
- Maintenance Allowance: (a) For PhD holders: ¥362,000 per month (b) For non-PhD holders at the time research starts in Japan: ¥200,000 per month
- Miscellaneous: A settling-in allowance of ¥200,000 (only applicable for Fellows with three or more months of tenure), overseas travel insurance