Applications are invited from international eligible students to apply for the entrance bursary program at McGill University in Canada for 2023/2024 academic session. The Entrance Bursary program is a Need-based financial aid for future undergraduates.
The goal of the program is to make the University more accessible to those who face financial challenges by supplementing other funding resources such as government aid, Indigenous Band Support Funding, part-time work, parental support, and other sources of funding.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): McGill University, Canada
Host Institution(s): McGill University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Tuition Award
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Entrance Bursary Program for International Students
McGill University is committed to supporting the academic pursuits of qualified undergraduate students who require financial assistance. The University’s Entrance Bursary Program offers entrance bursaries to students from low to modest-income families who demonstrate financial need. Those eligible to apply include all:
- Newly accepted, first-year, first-degree undergraduates, and
- Newly accepted, first-year undergraduate direct entrants to professional programs in Medicine and Law (with prior degree)
To be eligible for the Entrance Bursary Program for International Students, applicants are to meet up with the following conditions:
- Applications are open to candidates around the world.
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offered at the University
- Candidates must be a full-time degree students at the University
- Face financial challenges by supplementing other funding resources such as government aid, Indigenous Band Support Funding, part-time work, parental support, and other sources of funding
- English Language Requirement: Students are required to demonstrate the English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
How-to-Apply: Upon notification of acceptance to the University (either by formal letter or via the Admissions Status page on Minerva), the application becomes available on Minerva: select theFinancial Aid/Awards tab > Financial Aid Menu > Apply for a McGill Entrance Bursary > Apply to Entrance Bursary Program > Complete then submit your application.
- Canadian (citizen or permanent residents) students living outside of Canada must submit a CSS Financial Aid Profile to the Scholarships and Student Aid Office in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
- U.S. students who wish to apply to the Entrance Bursary Program from the University must submit a CSS Profile in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
- International (non-US) students who wish to apply to the Entrance Bursary Program from the University must submit a CSS Profile in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023